Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mission Complete

I know it isn't much (compared to Ryan's awesome Ultra Trail run (31 miles)), but over the second part of the summer I trained for a 10 mile race in Denver. Labor Day started early for me as I headed to the start at City Park to meet my running partner and great friend Jen Drolet. We had such fun running through the streets and parks of Denver. A major highlight was seeing Ryan, Matigan, Sarah, Mike (Jen's hubby) and Garett, Holly, and Sawyer at mile 9. What a boost that gave us for the final stretch! We enjoyed the run and finished under our goal time. Here are a few pics from the fun event!


Thank you to Holly for putting together my training program! Jen, thanks for talking me into training and running, it was such fun!! And, most certainly thank you Ryan for being a huge supporter and giving me the encouragement I needed as well as taking great care of the girls and getting to the race!

1 comment:

Mamo said...

Very cool, I meant to tell you congrats! Today when I saw you too.