We are so very proud of you! You're such a big girl now! On Saturday we embarked on our Potty-training adventure and you tackled it with a great attitude and willingness to learn. Here's a quick re-cap of your experience:
Day one: You got to pick out big girl underwear and we threw out all of your diapers! "Bye, bye diapers, I'm a big girl now" is what you kept saying. It was fun for you to run around the house without your pants - something you don't usually get to do! The first day was the toughest. It took a while for you to realize that when you had to go potty you had to let us know and get to the bathroom! We put up your Potty-training chart on the wall and explained that if you told us you had to go potty but didn't make it you got a little star sticker for your chart. If you made it to the bathroom without getting your panties wet you got a big smiley face sticker! Although you tried, the first day you only got little stars. But, we were so proud of you!
Day two: You woke up ready to try again!! This time you earned your first smiley face sticker! Dad, you, and me were all clapping and cheering in the bathroom. You were so very excited and so proud of yourself! As the day progressed you still had a little trouble getting to the potty in time, but you were improving!! You thought it was so fun to tell us "I have to go potty" and run into the bathroom. We would giggle when you'd say, "when is the pee coming?" Sure enough you would eventually go and exclaim "I did it, I did it!! I get a smiley face sticker now!!!"
Day three: You woke up dry and immediately told Dad you had to go potty. What a great start to the day! We're very proud to say that all day long you kept your panties dry and made it to the bathroom every time! Great job Matigan!! Here is a picture of your chart after the third day!

Today (day four) you are at preschool and Miss Jeanne was so excited to hear you say "I'm potty training Miss Jeanne!!" I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job today and again you'll make us proud! We love you honey!
Love, Mom and Dad
1 comment:
I'M SO PROUD OF YOU MATTIGAN! YOU'RE SUCH A BIG GIRL! MISS KIMMIE HAS A SPECIAL PRESENT FOR YOU WHEN I RETURN....JUST FOR YOU AND YOUR NEW ADVENTURES WITH THE POTTY! I can't believe I missed the day you came to school with just your panties on!!!! Bad Miss Kimmie! I miss you so much! Hugs to all!
Post a Comment