Monday, May 21, 2012

Matigan Turns SIX!!

I used to be so great at keeping this up to date.  Time has not been so kind to me lately.  The ever-challenging days of juggling work, kids, and life seems to keep me away from the Blog.  So, I apologize to my family that looks for updates on here... I'll try to do more!!

Life is good for the Welch Family.  Matigan turned SIX April 12th and we had a fun party at a local gymnastics gym.  She had 11 friends join her for some fun and games!  Tiff's mom (aka Nonnie) was here from Florida and Ryan's parents (Nana and Bubba) came down for the morning too.  Here are a few pics to celebrate her special day:


Ryan and I went for the cake pop approach this year - while labor intensive, they turned out great!










We were so happy that Nonnie could join us for the festivities!








Matigan is doing so great.  She continues to impress us every day.  Her 6 yr well-visit with the doc had her at 43 inches and 43 pounds.... keeping her moving right along on her own little growth chart!   She loves to ride her bike and yesterday (May 20th) we went for a long bike ride as a family and Matigan rode all the way to her school!  (About 4 miles round-trip).  I was more than impressed with her attitude and ability.  We're working on her control of the bike (there was one near-miss collision with a man going really fast on his mountain bike), she gets better each day!

She finishes Kindergarten this week.  How is this even possible??  She has come such a long way in the school year.  She knows many, many site words, she is reading better and better and she really enjoys school..   I think that's all we can ask for at this point!

No comments: