The girls constantly make us laugh with the words they say - I just hope to remember some of them for years to come!
Yesterday morning (4/19/2012) Ryan asked the girls what kind of sandwich they wanted in their lunches. I told Ryan that Sarah hasn't been eating hers so he should only give her a quarter of a sandwich. He replies, "what do I do with a 1/4 of a sandwich?" To which Sarah bursts in with "Well, dad, what you do is cut the sandwich in half and then in half again and that's a quarter". Well, yes, smart 3-year-old, that is most definitely a quarter. (not what Ryan was asking about of course, but we giggled as we realized just how smart that little lady is!!)
While reading to Sarah Corinne before a nap there was mention of a rainbow. Sarah proceeded to tell me all about Rainbows, "mom, there is gold at the end of the rainbow in a pot. Have you ever seen that?" "No honey, I haven't ever been to the end of a rainbow". "Well, we should go next time we see one mom. We can just follow the rainbow. Or if we climb up it we can just slide down and then we'll be at the end". I just stared at her and smiled while she continued. "and there will probably be leprechauns there too, right?" "I don't know honey, we'll have to find out". Oh, how I love the mind of a child!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment