This past weekend I was lucky enough to get out of town and escape the craziness of every day life. Ryan stayed home with the girls and my great friend Jen and I went to California! This trip was a long time in the making and was the most wonderful weekend! We flew into San Francisco Friday night and drove to Napa. The traffic was slow, but neither of us seemed to mind. It was so, so great to be on my own. Now, I love my family very much, don't get me wrong, but this weekend gave me a chance to get back in touch with Tiff. Not as a mom, or a wife, but as an individual and a friend. I'm eternally grateful for Ryan taking on the challenge of staying home with the girls and to Jen for her constant friendship that spans TWENTY years (yikes!).
Here are some pictures with captions that sum up our fabulous trip!
Although the weather was chilly, rainy, and foggy the scenery was breathtakingly beautiful.


Tasting a Pinot Noir in its early stages

Barrel room at Ballentine winery


Greaser Winery. This is a mountain winery and was very small and quaint and the wine quite tasty too!
Culinary Institute. Graystone. Although most of the historical building was closed for a wedding reception we visited the Campus Store and walked the grounds.

On Sunday afternoon we took the long and scenic drive back to San Francisco on a small windy road over the mountains. I'll post San Fran pics next time.....
No comments:
Post a Comment