~A couple days ago we woke Matigan from an impromptu nap on the couch to get ready for dinner. Ryan was asking her what she wanted to eat, what she wanted to drink, etc... Finally our little girl (not even 3 years old) looks up at Ryan and says, "Dad, just give me a second".
Ryan and I turned our backs and laughed so hard. We couldn't believe that those words came out of that little girl! She was so calm and nice about it.
~We go to the library often and bring home books that we read over, and over, and over again. Right now we have a book called "Koala and the Flowers" and Matigan always wants to read "Cauliflower".
~ Tonight as soon as we were all seated at dinner Matigan says; "Let's hold hands and say prayers". She asks me to say the prayers and I thank God for the food we eat, our family and our ability to sit down together and share together. We prayed that Aunt Melissa delivers a healthy baby soon, and that Dustin gets the medical care that he needs to recover. Amen.
About a minute later Matigan repeated the prayer in different order, but remembered each piece followed by a loud "ALL MEN". If only I could have a fraction of her memory!!
~We were driving in the car and playing games. After we were done with "I Spy" Ryan asked me; "If you were trapped in a store for a week which store would you choose?" I quickly answered "Super Target. It has everything I could need or want". He said he would choose Costco (and later had second thoughts). We asked Matigan and she said "A candy store". Smart girl we thought, she has never even been to a candy store, how does she know about them?
Thank goodness for this Blog, otherwise these wonderful quotes and sources of our laughter would be forgotten in the hustle of every day life.
Thanks for making us laugh Matigan, we love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment