I write this entry from my cozy spot on the couch at a condo in Alta, UT. Ryan and I arrived here Thursday afternoon after an uneventful 8 hour drive. We enjoyed great converstaion and an audio book during our journey. We commented often about how quiet the car was since Matigan and Sarah are at home with Nana and Bubba. Today we had a leisurely morning (although we both still woke at 6:30). We are loving our time together away from the every day hustle and bustle of life with two kids. We are also enjoying our time with our dear cousins Drew and Donna who are here from Baltimore.
I skied for the first time in over 2 years this morning. It started out a cold and snowy morning, but as the day progressed the clouds disappeared and gave way to the most beautiful bright blue sky and trees with every needle covered in glistening white snow. Perfect day!! Ryan and Drew are back on the slopes now and I lay on the couch with a great book and some hot chocolate. Not something a mom gets to do very often and I'm loving every minute! Although I do have to admit that my mind conitnues to wander and I hear Matigan's sweet voice and Sarah's contagious laugh. We miss them dearly, but know we'll be back with them very soon and they are having such fun with Nana and Bubba!
On another note, there is a new Welch in the family!!! Patrick and Melissa welcomed a baby girl; Logan Bristol on Feb 25th at 6:28 pm. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 4 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. She looks absolutely beautiful in the pictures and has a full head of hair. We're so excited to have our first niece finally here! We can't wait to meet her and introduce her to her cousins next weekend.
My book is calling me again..... bye for now from Sunny Utah.
Tiffany
2 comments:
God sure makes great looking children. you and Ryan working together have made us proud parents . We are so looking forward to seeing all of you grow and learn. We have our home and hearts open to you at all times so come on down and visit GA.
your proud parents Rick and Mary Pat
sounds amazing. i would love to hear how you did it/how those beautiful babies did with you away. so jealous but you and ryan deserved it!
Post a Comment