Wednesday, January 6, 2016

New Year - New Foods Day Two

Don't worry I won't post every meal we have. I'm simply sharing some highlights and lessons learned for my family's benefit.

Last night we tried another recipe:  Tuscan Orzo Salad
  • Orzo, onion, fennel, capers, tomato, cannellini beans, kale, toasted pine nuts and parsley

The girls decided that they didn't want to know what I was making or what was in it so as to not contaminate their pre-conceived notions of certain foods. Worked out pretty well. We put blindfolds on them and they had their first few bites without seeing their plates. It was a fun change to our nightly meal!

Although I enjoy tomatoes, the rest of the family does not. I only put in 1/2 the amount the recipe called for. Turns out everyone ate them without complaint!



Sarah said it smelled great and liked the dish - she is not a fan of Pine nuts apparently, but those are easy to pick out

Matigan enjoyed this one too. She said to add it to the "nice list". She isn't a Pine nut fan either, turns out.



No comments: