Tuesday, May 12, 2015

A mother's gift

Wow, it has been nearly a year since the last entry. It's not that nothing interesting or exciting has been going on, I guess it's just that I haven't had time or creative power to write much. Hopefully I'll do a little better in the coming months.

This year's Mother's Day was a tough one for me. Maybe tough is the wrong word, but it was one that I wasn't really looking forward to. I failed to get a single card in the mail to the many wonderful moms in my life, I was overwhelmed with work and home duties and I really just wanted a day off.  What I did get on a snowy Sunday morning was an incredible outpouring of love from my kids.  An unexpected and completely genuine sharing of love and for that I'm eternally grateful.

Being a mom is the most challenging and rewarding "job" I've had. There are amazing highs and incredible lows. But, mornings like May 10, 2015 make up for the more difficult days. I'm a blessed mom and feel so grateful to have Matigan and Sarah Corinne in my life.  Here are some pics of the sweet words from my girls. Apparently, I Rock :)

Sarah Corinne, 6, first grade


Matigan, 9, third grade

No comments: