Our very dear friends Jen and Mike welcomed a baby girl to the world on Feb. 13th. I went to the hospital to visit them yesterday and meet Annalise and as I held that tiny baby I was suddenly reminded how quickly time flies. It wasn't too long ago that I was the one in the hospital bed holding my newborn daughters. I stared at Annalise as she slept in my arms and my heart swelled with joy and my eyes with tears.
While I was overcome with joy and excitement for our friends, it also made me think that I didn't hold my babies enough, they grew too fast, and I need to change my focus. It seems that as the days go by I'm constantly looking forward to the next thing and not necessarily enjoying the present.
Last night when I was home with my growing girls I looked at them a little differently. I took a little more time to just enjoy them. Sure, they are frustrating at times and quick to throw a tantrum, but it feels like it was just yesterday that they were newborns, right? Now Matigan is rapidly approaching SIX and Sarah will be four before I know it. It's time to enjoy the current moments, not look forward to the next thing.
Here are a few pics I thought I would share as I walk down memory lane and remember the times when my little ladies were even littler.
Just slow it down and enjoy every moment because they fly by so fast!
Matigan:
 |
| Matigan ~ April 12, 2006 |
 |
| Matigan ~ One year old |
|
|
|
 |
| Matigan ~ 2 years old |
 |
| Matigan~ 3 years old |
 |
| Matigan ~ 4th Birthday |
 |
| Matigan ~ 5th Birthday |
Sarah Corinne:
 |
| Sarah Corinne - June 23, 2008 |
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| Sarah ~ One year |
 |
| Sarah ~ 2 years old |
 |
| Sarah ~ 3 years old |
Matigan and Sarah Corinne~ I love you both so very much and I thank you for teaching me something new every day. I thank you for loving me always, and for making me smile!!
No comments:
Post a Comment