Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tooth Fairy in da house!

I know, I know, I'm terrible about blogging lately.  Sorry to those family members that are waiting for updates from the Colorado Welch family!

So many wonderful things have been happening over the last few months and I'll do my best to try to catch up with our posts!

Matigan is growing up quickly and is turning into quite the little lady.  The week before going off to Kindergarten (as if this milestone isn't enough) Matigan proudly announced "mom, I have a wiggly tooth"!!  For some strange reason, this news was a bit much for me to handle!  How could my little girl be growing up so fast?  Needless to say weeks and months passed and the tooth remained wiggly.  After a cleaning at the dentist the doctor let me know that the adult teeth are ready to come through and her two bottom teeth were loose.  On a sunny Sunday morning I returned from a great trail run.  I wasn't in the house for more than 12 seconds when Matigan said, "mom, my tooth is going to come out".  I quickly grabbed the camera and we watched as Matigan wiggled that tooth for the last time!!  She proudly held out the tiny tooth for us all to see.  She smiled a great big smile (tooth gap and all) and I was again reminded that there's no stopping my girl from growing up.  So, we embrace the milestones and we celebrate the little things!!!


Ryan and Matigan made a wonderful little nest (yes, I know I need to make her a tooth pillow - I can still picture the one I had as a little girl) but for now this is perfect.  They put the nest under her pillow and the Tooth Fairy delivered big time!  She got a crisp $5 bill for her first tooth!

Two short weeks later Matigan was in the car as we headed home from the grocery store.  She informed me that her tooth was about to come out.  I told her not to lose it. Well, you can lose it, just hang on tight to it!!  Seconds later.... WHAM #2 is outta there!



Again, Ryan and Matigan created the nest and placed it under the pillow.  Again, the Tooth Fairy visited and this time left 8 shiny quarters for her second tooth.  Although none of us have seen the Tooth Fairy we are all grateful for her generosity!


No comments: