Matigan,
Today has to be one of the best days of my life with you! Today you have made me so incredibly proud. Together we visited with "Ms Anne" (aka the thumb lady) and today you declared "I am going to stop sucking my thumb. Now!" And you know what, since that moment you haven't sucked your thumb once! Wahoo!!!
Ms. Anne taught us all about the good reasons to stop sucking your thumb and she gave you many tools to go into the "battle". She explained how your "habit brain" and your "thinking brain" would soon be fighting with one another while you learned how to keep the thumb out of your mouth. You were so receptive to Ms. Anne and were very inquisitive too. Asking many questions and both Ms. Anne and I could see the wheels turning in your head as you processed the new information.
Two of the tools Ms. Anne gave you in your Princess Tool Bag were Lucy and Linda. The wonderful little puppets that are now keeping you company while you sleep. You were so excited to put them on your little arms as we prepared you for bed tonight. We knew this would be a tough night, but you know what? YOU DID IT!!!!
With tears of pride streaming down my face I watched your thinking brain overcome the habit brain and although there were many tears and lots of frustration, you were strong and you DID IT!!! You quietly fell asleep while I read you the book; "The Jester Has Lost His Jingle". You did it baby! Your thinking brain is so incredibly powerful and awesome!!! And, you have made your mom so unbelievably proud of you!! You made up your mind and you fought through the tough time and YOU DID IT!
I know we have many more hurdles to overcome as you continue this battle, but know that no matter what life throws at you you are very strong and you can do anything you put your thinking mind to! It takes hard work, and lots of support, but you can do anything little lady! Anything!!!
I love you and am so very proud of my (not so) little girl! I will keep my promise to you too. Tomorrow morning after you wake from a successful first night sleeping with Linda and Lucy and no thumb we will order you the very fancy M&M Airplane you can't wait to have. You earned it kiddo, way to go!!
I love you. All the way to the stars, all the way to the moon, all the way to Disney World and all the way back again. : )
~Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment