Later that day the snow subsided so I decided it was time to head outside and shovel the driveway and sidewalk. The girls were so excited to get ready to go outside (they even skipped snack, which is unheard of in this house!). I spent 15 minutes putting on all of our gear. Snow pants, jackets, hats, gloves, boots, etc....
About 15 minutes later I slipped into my Uggs and wiped the sweat from my brow (how can dressing two tiny people be so exhausting??) and opened the door to head out. I grabbed the shovel and cleared a path for the girls and proceed to the sidewalk and began to clear the snow. A couple minutes later Matigan says,
"Mom, Sarah doesn't have any boots on!!"
I took a quick look at Sarah and, sure enough, she was standing there in the driveway on the snow and her little bootless-stocking toes were barely visible under her snow pants. I dropped the shovel, ran and scooped up Sarah and whisked her inside. Thankfully, the snow hadn't even soaked through the socks. I put on her boots and headed back outside thinking, "Gee, I'm surely up for mom of the year". I couldn't believe it. Who forgets to put boots on a 19 month old and sends her into the snow? A busy mom with two kids under 4 who was going in three directions at the same time and trying to keep everyone happy, that is who. I chuckled and continued shoveling. Oh boy, what would I do if I couldn't laugh at myself?!!
Sarah outside in the morning (when I was fresh and aware and remembered her boots!)


The best part of all of this is that Sarah didn't even fuss. I bet she would have stood outside in the snow in her socks for a while longer without complaint, that is my Sweet Sarah. She's laid back and happy and just excited to be with her big sister. Speaking of Matigan, I thank her for always helping me and keeping an eye on Sarah - if it not for her eagle eyes, who knows when Sarah would have gotten warm fuzzy boots put on her feet?!
2 comments:
Tiff, that is hilarious! I saw it on your fb update and laughed out loud. I do that kind of stuff all the time.
Love this! I leave the computer for a week and you forget boots! That is too funny. We have all done something like that - it feels good to laugh at yourself. What will they say when they are teenagers and we are forgetting our shoes? It is nice that they are unaware of all our mistakes right now.
Post a Comment