Friday, January 29, 2010

OUCH!!

Last Friday we had our first little run in with a "hurt" child. I was 40 minutes into my 500 Cal Boot Camp at the YMCA when the child watch lady pulled me out. Matigan aparently had bitten her tongue. "Huh, OK, I'll calm her down for a minute and then get back to my class" I thought. Well, turns out Matigan did quite the chomping on her tongue! We are still unsure what happen exactly, but she bit nearly all the way through her tongue and was extremely upset. I think this was the first time she'd seen her own blood. Poor thing was not doing so well. I called Ryan and he came to meet us in the lobby (his office is just across the street) and we were able to get Matigan calmed down and the bleeding to stop. Whew! Luckily she didn't go all the way through, unluckily there wasn't really anything we could do to help her! We made a trip to the store for Popsicles and ice cream and pudding. It's amazing how a kid is so uncomfortable and can't do anything until you give her some chocolate pudding! Suddenly she is able to eat just fine! She really was a trooper and the next day she was back to normal. The tongue heals quickly! Here are a few pictures from shortly after it happened and then 3 days later. We know this won't be the last time one of the girls is hurt and we know we'll get through just fine!


DAY 3:

Just a cute picture of Sarah to throw in the mix!

No comments: