Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"I'm thankful for my family"

"I'm thankful for my family" This was the common phrase heard at the Welch house the last week or more. Matigan is really learning the meaning of the wonderful holiday. We had a great trip up to Ryan's parent's house in the mountains. It was such a treat to have several days in a row to relax and have family time!

We enjoyed a terrific dinner at Nana and Bubba's house (aka Ryan's parents). The dinner grows each year and it's so fun to be with the family! Bubba insisted that all the kids be in the center of the table set for 13. The 3 dogs eagerly hung out below Sarah and Logan's chairs (they are smart pooches) waiting for crumbs to fall. We were joined by Melissa's parents as well and it was truly a wonderful night!!

Fortunately for our mountain drive there wasn't any new snow. Unfortunately we couldn't get in good sledding and had to resort to the neighbor's driveway (which ended up being great fun for the girls!).

Matigan was such a strong little girl pulling the sled up the hill all by herself many times!
Sarah, on the other hand, had to hitch a ride!


The girls really love being at Nana and Bubba's house and I think they liked the change of pace too!


Sarah always loves to play in the dog's water dish. So, I finally gave in. I put fresh water in the bowl, set it on the floor, and grabbed the camera. She had such fun and we both laughed for quite a while!!

Matigan and Nana had such fun painting!
Shirley gave each of us a wooden ornament to paint and we all had a great time letting the creative juices flow. Matigan's actually turned out to be one of my favorites (not pictured as there was so much paint on it the dry time took much longer)!

Sarah's wasn't happy until she was "painting". Errr, uh.. trying to drink the glitter paint. Uh oh!

The Welch girls!! Sarah, Tiff, Matigan, Tyra, Melissa, and Logan
Playing with the new camera. Perhaps we turned the zoom lens the wrong way?

1 comment:

Heather Gray said...

I love all of these photos Tiff! It looks like you are enjoying your new camera. I especially love Sarah's water bowl smile picture, it is so wonderful. It looks like you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving. :)